• We rely on advance reservations.
• All rooms and suites are double or single occupancy. That said two of our guest rooms can be converted to offer more than one bed and/or accommodate another one or two persons, however arrangements must be made at the time of booking and the rates are higher.
• Your reservation is guaranteed on receipt of a deposit.
• All reservations will be confirmed by letter, Email or phone.
Holidays require a three night minimum; Memorial Day Weekend thru Labor Day Weekend, October, multiple Room/Suite reservations and all Weekends are a two night minimum unless shorter periods are available (e.g. a single night is available between multiple night reservations. Exceptions made the Wednesday before.).
Single night reservations are a $10 Surcharge.
Plan your stay at The Chalet Inn now! View our Current Availability then call or email us to Request a Reservation, and we'll confirm your reservation!
Deposits: An advance deposit of one night's room rate or 50% of the entire stay rate (whichever is greater) is required to hold a reservation. Deposits may be made by personal check - preferably - which must be received within seven days of making a reservation. We also accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover or American Express. If making a reservation within seven days of your arrival date, deposit by credit card is required. All reservations will be confirmed by letter, Email or phone.
Payment of Balance is due on arrival: We accept personal checks, travelers checks, MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express, and of course cash. Since we accept personal checks, and Check Cards increase our costs, there is a 5% surcharge for Check Card payments.
Cancellation Policy: We hope you understand that with a small family Inn, cancellations or procrastination in mailing your deposit impacts significantly on us, and probably disappointed other prospective guests we had to turn away. Confirmed reservations obligate both The Chalet Inn and our guests to the entire length of stay. That said, we know even the best-laid plans can go astray; thus, your deposit will be happily refunded or applied to a new date if your cancellation reaches us 14 days (30 days for July, October, Holiday, multiple room/suite reservations and single night reservations) prior to your scheduled arrival date. Any cancellation received less than 14 days (30 days in the case of July, October, Holiday, multiple room/suite reservations and single night reservations) prior to your scheduled arrival will be subject to a full refund, pending rebooking of the reservation period. This policy applies to later date arrivals or to any shortening of stay including after arrival.
The small print:
• We accept reservations for specific rooms, but reserve the right to change the allocation to a comparable room for one night reservations.
• We reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee up to $30 to cover our administrative costs.
• We reserve the right to charge a 5% fee for use of a check card.
• Smoking is prohibited: guests choosing to disregard our no smoking policy will have their reservations cancelled immediately and the balance of their room rental will be forfeited.
• Please, no pets.
Children: The Inn is best suited for adults, however well-behaved, closely supervised children, age twelve or older (eight or older mid-June to mid-August) are welcome. Please let us know when booking if you will be traveling with children.
Check In between 3 P.M. and 8 P.M. If arriving after 8 P.M., please call so we can make arrangements.
The Chalet Inn
285 Lone Oak Drive
Whittier, NC 28789
We are NOT in Whittier!
We are on a peaceful mountain minutes off US 74/441 between Dillsboro & Bryson City & due South of Cherokee and the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.